Dracula: Flipped Classroom Resource for A Level
Published in 1897, Dracula is arguably the definitive horror story and archetypal vampire tale, and its prominence in popular culture ensures the Victorian novel is accessible for students.
Bring the mysteries of Whitby to your classroom with our Flipped Classroom Resource. Students prepare at home with stimulating notes and activities, then reflect upon key concepts back in the classroom. Innovative, seminar-style learning facilitates independent thinking and delivers ready-made, valuable homework tasks.
- Supportive teacher section with specification information, further reading suggestions and a glossary of key terms
- Independent learning tasks (homework) provide students with:
- Essential background material for pre- and post-reading research on genre, context, critical reception and more!
- Chapter summaries, engaging reading tasks and a reading log – encourages student involvement and responsibility.
- Classroom consolidation tasks (classwork)
- Tasks build on students’ prior reading and consolidate their understanding of the text.
- Cover all aspects of analysis and enable directed, in-depth classroom discussion of important textual elements such as characterisation, relationships, language, themes and structure.
- Essay-writing advice and activities – including tips on planning, writing, reading and note-taking – help students get exam-ready.
Plus! Detailed indicative content for all activities for peer- or self-assessment.
Buy with Dracula Comprehensive Guide for AS and A Level – perfect for further exploration of the text!
- Bram Stoker
- A Level English Literature Flipped Learning
- Gothic Literature
- A Level Literature Flipped Classroom Resource
- The Gothic
- A Level Edexcel English Literature (9ET0)
- Component 2: Prose
- Comparative and Contextual Study
- A Level English Literature
- A Level OCR English Literature (H472)
- The Supernatural
- A Level Flipped Learning