The Merchant of Venice: Activity Pack
for Pearson Edexcel International GCSE English Literature
There’s so much to explore in the plot, themes, characters and language of The Merchant of Venice, and this jam-packed resource provides a variety of stimulating, ready-to-use activities to help all learners engage with Shakespeare’s provocative play.
An excellent and comprehensive resource... which I would certainly use with pupils... [It is] clear and easy to follow... [and] has an impressive variety of activities
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Spoken language practice
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every scene is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the Pearson Edexcel International GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class. An ideal complement to the Study Guide for this text.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.
- Component 2
- Component 3
- International GCSE
- International GCSE Activity Packs
- International GCSE English Literature
- International GCSE English Literature Activity Pack
- Literary Heritage texts
- Pearson Edexcel English International GCSE Activity Pack
- Pearson Edexcel International GCSE
- William Shakespeare