Metamorphosis: A Complete Play Guide for A Level Drama
A Level AQA
Steven Berkoff’s Metamorphosis is a bizarre and fascinating take on Franz Kafka’s esteemed novella. The gripping play text affords A Level students the opportunity to understand and interpret both Kafka’s contexts and themes, and Berkoff’s methodologies and performance concepts in one place!
Excellent practical activities perfectly pitched to enable students to develop an outstanding appreciation for the text and demands of the exam
This guide provides fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Metamorphosis inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
This is an extremely well researched and detailed response to Metamorphosis
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the A Level text-based question, this comprehensive pack is your one-stop shop!
What do teachers say about this resource? (11085)
A fantastic, comprehensive pack designed to enable all students to feel confident with the text and equip them with the skills needed to achieve highly in their exams.
Love the addition of mini-practical/research exercises to enhance learning/knowledge recall and provides excellent extension opportunities.
Logical sequence of activities to build knowledge and confidence in the text and genre.
Excellent coverage of design elements as well as acting/performance ideas.
This is well-structured and allows students to build a practical as well as an academic understanding of the text.
All activities will help students to gain the knowledge needed to access highly in the exam.
Very nicely laid out, clear presentation.
Excellent practical activities perfectly pitched to enable students to develop an outstanding appreciation for the text and demands of the exam.
This is an extremely well researched and detailed response to Metamorphosis.
The context research material is very detailed and covers all appropriate areas. It is also pleasing to see so much focus on design elements for a play that has very specific challenges.
This resource will provide invaluable support for a teacher approaching this text for the first time.