The Government Inspector: Exploratory Play Pack for GCSE
Both funny and enthralling, Gogol’s Government Inspector sets slapstick theatre against an intriguing historical, social and cultural backdrop. With complex themes including corruption and deception, the play is perfect for developing understanding of performance and production elements at GCSE.
These ready-to-use, student-friendly notes and engaging exploratory activities combine to create the ultimate practical study pack for Government Inspector.
- Packed with practical, written, research and discussion tasks
- Practice essay questions interwoven throughout
- Key terms glossary
- Teaching notes and indicative content
- Consolidate contextual understanding
Find out how the playwright, the social, historical, political and cultural contexts and the performance context inform the play
- Explore the play scene by scene
Get insightful commentary and analysis of relevant events and themes while considering the implications on performance, direction and design
- Uncover theatrical possibilities
Take a closer look at production concepts, characterisation, staging, lighting, sound, props, costume and more in light of the whole play