A View from the Bridge: Activity Pack
for Pearson Edexcel International GCSE English Literature
Separation, sacrifice, survival – three important themes in Kindertransport that help to summarise the travails of the characters in this moving play. Help your students journey with these characters from innocence to experience with targeted, detailed notes and analysis.
- Walk-through – Builds understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All scenes are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Language • Structure • Form • Ideas • Themes • Settings • Context • Critical reception
The interview with the writer is fascinating to read simply as a teacher and undoubtedly interesting for students. Extra things like this really make the play more enjoyable. P Town, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer (Previous edition)
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Original illustrations
- Essay and exam guidance (including PEE)
- Suggested answers for selected essay questions
- Interview with the author conducted by ZigZag Education
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions and 'did you know?' boxes to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
The perfect companion to the Activity Pack for this text.