Julius Caesar Study Guide for GCSE English Literature
As the action unfolds, explore the concepts of political power, civil unrest and what it is to be a true hero. This Study Guide will ensure your students feel confident analysing the key themes, characters and contexts of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar so that they are well prepared to answer any exam question.
- Walkthrough – Builds understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All scenes are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: • Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Suggested answers are provided for questions and activities.
What do teachers say about this resource? (10284)
This is a very comprehensive study guide, covering all key aspects of the play: plot structure, characterisation, themes, symbolism, and language. This is a useful guide for both teachers and students alike.
I particularly like the concise summaries, which are brief yet provide salient information.