A Level Edexcel Set Work Analysis: Fusions
Students will build familiarity, develop analytical skills and be perfectly prepared for the appraising paper with co-teachable set work analysis resources for A Level. With so many pieces to study, busy teachers and students will find the comprehensive, student-friendly notes and tailored exam practice invaluable.
A very deep and thorough resource
- Accessible bar-by-bar commentary for all prescribed sections with just the right amount of detail, enhanced by musical quotations and key term definitions
- Regular, engaging activities to maintain focus and encourage students to discover the music for themselves
- Ensure students are exam-ready with Edexcel-style short-answer questions, melodic transcription practice, and essay questions
- Marking made simple with full mark schemes!
- Develop contextual understanding with background information on genre, historical context, and composers & performers
- Revision summaries and guidance on comparing music
- Comprehensive glossary focuses students on key terminology
|Area of Study 5||
Fusions; Debussy, Estampes; Familia Valera Miranda, Caña Quema; Anoushka Shankar, Breathing Under Water
Expand your students’ musical knowledge with this comprehensive resource, providing a structured pathway through this diverse area of study. Tasks encourage students to engage with the music, with opportunities for research and consolidation of learning. Contains clear examples and realistic exam-style questions.
What do teachers say about this resource? (10062)
I really enjoyed this resource and find it a very useful teaching and learning tool... I particularly enjoyed the intelligent links to visual art and culture and the great detail in the various analyses... The inclusivity of analysing a work while improving listening skills, as well as gaining useful general knowledge about instrumentation, popular rhythms as used in various parts of the world, while linking these to other art forms (visual art and traditional ornaments) is followed through wonderfully in this comprehensive resource.
A very deep and thorough resource... Great use of notated examples of the prescribed works to highlight academic points... The resource is a very strong learning document on how to analyse music in a linear fashion moving from one section to the next with clear examples to demonstrate fusion technique... The notated score examples are all of high quality and the analysis shows confidence and skill... Good to see the author made the practice exam questions feel like real exam papers.
- A Level Music
- A Level Edexcel Music (9MU0)
- Appraising Music
- Debussy, Estampes: Nos. 1 and 2 (Pagodes and La soirée dans Grenade)
- Familia Valera Miranda, Caña Quema: Alla vá candela and Se quema la chumbambà
- Anoushka Shankar, Breathing Under Water: Burn, Breathing Under Water and Easy
- Familia Valera Miranda
- Anoushka Shankar
- A Level Set Work Analysis
- A Level Music Set Work Analysis