Frankenstein: 'Imagined Worlds' Study Guide for AS/A Level AQA
AS Paper 1: Views and Voices ◆ A Level Paper 1: Telling Stories
Explore the dark domain of Victor Frankenstein and his monstrous creation in this groundbreaking text that spans many genres – gothic, romantic, horror and science fiction. Delve into the intimate epistolary voice and rich characterisation with your students, and guide them to the dark secrets of the monster found in the deepest layers of the narrative.
Guide your students through the text with in-depth study notes and activities to explore the linguistic and literary methods by which authors present their fictional worlds. Co-teachable and specifically written for the 2015 AQA Language and Literature specification.
- Preparatory material sets the scene with analysis of context, plot, narrative structure, characterisation and setting
- Chapter-by-chapter walk-through covers the whole novel
- Clear summaries and insightful, student-friendly commentary ensure a full knowledge of each chapter
- Varied activities, including consolidation questions, discussion questions, active learning tasks, extensions and essay questions, deepen understanding and encourage independent interpretation – suggested answers included!
- Whole-text activities focus students on exam preparation – plus comprehensive glossary and bonus genre section for A Level students
What do teachers say about this resource? (10057)
I think that this resource is a comprehensive and easy to follow guide for the chosen text. It is an excellent resource that can be used by both teachers and students. I think it is really good at breaking down the text – something that as a teacher I sometime focus too much on the big picture and forget some more subtle points that this resource would address
- A level English Language and Literature
- A Level AQA English Language and Literature
- A Level English Language and Literature Study Guide
- Imagined Worlds
- AS Paper 1: Views and Voices
- A Level Paper 1: Telling Stories
- Frankenstein; or, the Modern Prometheus
- Mary Shelley
- Gothic Literature
- Science Fiction