- Upon my lap my sov'reign sits
And feeds upon my breast;
Meanwhile, His loves sustains my life
And gives my body rest.
Sing lullaby, sing lullaby,
My little Boy, sing lulla lullaby!
My lifè's joy, sing lullaby,
Sing lulla lullaby!
- When Thou hast taken Thy repast,
Repose, my Babe, on me;
So may Thy mother and Thy nurse,
Thy cradle also be.
- My Babe, my bliss, my child, my choice,
My fruit, my flow’r and bud,
My Jesus and my only joy,
The sum of all my good.
- Three kings their treasure thither brought
Of incense, myrrh and gold,
The heaven's treasure and their King
That here they might behold.
- And let the ensuing blessèd race
Thou wilt succeeding raise,
Join all their praises unto mine
To multiply Thy praise.