O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- O come, O come, Emmanuel,
And ransom captive Israel,
That mourns in lonely exile here,
Until the Son of God appear.
Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
- O come, thou Wisdom, from on high,
And order all things far and nigh;
To us the path of knowledge show,
And teach us in her ways to go.
- O come, O come, thou Lord of might,
Who to thy tribes, on Sinai's height,
In ancient times did give the law,
In cloud, and majesty, and awe.
- O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free
Thine own from Satanís tyranny;
From depths of hell thy people save,
And give them vict'ry o'er the grave.
- O come, thou Key of David, come,
And open wide our heav'nly home,
Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery.
- O come, thou Day-spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by thine advent here;
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight.
- O come, Desire of the nations, bind
In one the hearts of all mankind;
Bid evíry strife and sorrow cease
And fill the world with heaven's peace.